close

 

 

Any Given Sunday - Peace by Inches - Pacino
=======================================

I don't know what to say really.
我無言了...真的。

Three minutes
....三分鐘....

to the biggest battle of our professional lives
all comes down to today.
此時此刻,是我們職業生涯最重要的一戰。

and either
除非....

we heal
我們重新凝聚在一起。

as a team
重新凝聚成一個團隊。

or we are going to crumble.
不然我們將會被擊倒。

Inch by inch
一吋接著一吋。

play by play
一波接著一波。

till we're finished.
直到我們完全毀滅為止。

We are in hell right now, gentlemen
我們現在身處在地獄底層啊...各位。

believe me
相信我。

and
然後....

we can stay here
get the shit kicked out of us
我們可以留在這裡,被他媽狠狠痛宰一頓。

or
或是

we can fight our way back
我們可以一路打回去。

into the light.
重返光明。

We can climb out of hell.
我們可以從地獄的深處爬出來。

One inch, at a time.
一吋接著一吋

Now, I can't do it for you.
I'm too old.
聽著...我沒辦法幫你們爬...我太老了。

I look around and I see these
young faces and I think
我環顧四週,看到這些年輕的面孔...我想...

I mean
我想到...

I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.
一個中年男人能搞砸的事...我全都搞砸了。

I uh....
我...

I pissed away all my money
believe it or not.
我敗光了所有積蓄...不管你信不信...

I chased off anyone who has ever loved me.
我趕走了所有曾經愛過我的人....

And lately,
而最近...

I can't even stand the face I see, in the mirror.
我甚至無法忍受在鏡子裡看到那醜陋的自己....

You know when you get old in life things get taken from you.
That's, that's part of life.
你知道...當你老了以後,身邊的事物總會一件件地消逝。這...這就是人生

But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
但...唯有在失去後才能領悟...

You find out that life is a game of inches.
So is football.
領悟到...人生是場每吋必爭的殘酷遊戲...美式足球也是。

Because in either game
life or football the margin for error is so small.
因為在任何一場比賽;不管人生或是美式足球,對於犯錯的容忍度是小到...

I mean
我是說...

one half step too late or too early
you don't quite make it.
半步太慢或太快,你達不了陣。

One half second too slow or too fast
and you don't quite catch it.
半秒太慢或太快,你接不到球。

The inches we need are everywhere around us.
贏得勝利所需的每一吋就在我們身邊。

They are in ever break of the game
every minute, every second.
在每場比賽的每分、每秒裡面。

On this team, we fight for that inch
在這個球隊裡, 為那一吋我們將奮戰到底。

On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch.
在這個球隊裡, 為了那一吋我們願意撕裂自己的軀體跟周遭阻擋我們的人。

We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.
就算用指甲爬我們也要得到那一吋!

Because we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the fucking difference
因為我們知道,當這一吋吋累積起來, 那結果將會他媽的徹底不同!

between WINNING and LOSING
就在成功與失敗之間。

between LIVING and DYING.
生存與死亡之間。

I'll tell you this
我可以肯定的告訴你。

in any fight
it is the guy who is willing to die
who is going to win that inch.
在任何戰鬥裡,只有願意奮戰至死的人才能在最後贏得那一吋。

And I know if I am going to have any life anymore it's because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch
而且我知道, 假如我還能繼續活下去是因為我還願意奮戰到底,願意為了贏得那一吋付出我的生命 。

because that is what LIVING is.
因為這就是人生!

The six inches in front of your face.
那個在你眼前的六英吋!

Now I can't make you do it.
我沒法逼你們去...

You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes.
好好看一眼在你旁邊的人,看著他們的雙眼!

Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
我想你會看到一個願意跟你一起為那了一吋奮鬥的人。

You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it,
you are gonna do the same thing for him.
你會看到一個願意為他的隊友犧牲奉獻的人。因為他知道當那一刻來臨時,你也會為他犧牲 。

That's a team, gentlemen
這就是團隊,各位。

and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals...
而...除非我們現在就凝聚成一體,成為一個完整的團隊。
不然,我們將會一個個孤獨的死去。

That's football guys.
這就是美式足球

That's all it is.
就是這樣而已

Now, whattaya gonna do?
接下來,你們打算怎麼做?

================================

後記:帕西諾大叔...有意願選總統嗎~XD


arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    masahiro0083 發表在 痞客邦 留言(4) 人氣()